Over 1,500 manufacturing firms worldwide are successfully using this cost estimating software solution to be more competitive. The software supports the estimating of over 300 different manufacturing processes, including machining, casting, forging, fabrication, forming, welding, molding, finishing, electronics, assembly and more.
Costimator provides manufacturing organizations, both Suppliers and OEMs, with the ability to quickly and consistently generate cost estimates and quotes with a high degree of accuracy. Costimator is a database driven tool that contains industry developed cost models and time standards that is easy-to-use and is completely configurable to any manufacturing environment.
Costimator VS. Spreadsheet
“The best thing about Costimator is that even when the end-user has minimal computer experience or limited manufacturing knowledge – he or she can use the program. We found that with Costimator, our estimators could produce consistently accurate estimates, regardless of their manufacturing experience.”
- Alan Koch, Manufacturing Engineering Supervisor, Landoll Corp.
It’s easy-to-use, even by estimators or cost personnel who have a little to no manufacturing experience, because the system contains multiple cost estimating methods for users to choose from:
- Detail Estimating - This method is preferred by experienced estimators who want to lay out their estimates by operation, utilizing Cost Models that are process driven (i.e. mill, turn, laser, weld).
- Feature-Based Estimating - Allows less experienced estimators to generate estimates quickly and accurately through the use of feature-based cost models (i.e. holes, slots, bends, cut-outs), which have the manufacturing process logic (cycle time formulas) built into them.
- Parametric Estimating - Enables companies that manufacture similar parts to estimate based on known historical times/costs using regression analysis.
EASY TO CONFIGURE
“Costimator provides the ease and ability to add new tools, work centers and other manufacturing data quickly and easily. That cut our estimating time by 50%. There are over 300+ cost models that are shipped with the software system, and our estimating team can adjust them, to more closely fit our needs.”
- Thomas Kasyan, Estimator, AAR Precision System
Costimator is completely configurable to model any manufacturing environment enabling shops with any manufacturing process the opportunity to calculate time and cost based on how it is performed in their shop or that of a supplier. The software comes pre-loaded with thousands of industry validated, time tested and easily modifiable manufacturing data elements, such as:
- Hundreds of Process, Feature and Parametric based Cost Models
- Material Speeds & Feeds for over 2,000 different alloys
- MTM-based (Methods-Time Measurement) material handling and assembly time standards
EASY TO UPDATE
"While the database already had all of our work centers, it’s very easy to make changes. This feature helps us easily make adjustments to simulate exactly how we manufacture parts and processes in our shop.”
- Dean Melton, Estimator, Owens Machine and Tool
Costimator has built in features for quickly importing and exporting massive amounts of data such as material and purchase item pricing. Estimators can also import multi-level BOMs, saving estimators the time of entering that data manually. The software also comes with numerous management reports, including a manufacturing process plan, routing, cost estimating and multi-level BOM report. Custom reports can be easily created with the software’s proprietary Export Designer tool or through Crystal Report Writer.
Whether you’re a Supplier or an OEM, quickly generating cost estimates that your company can rely on can be extremely challenging. Learn how Costimator can help solve your cost estimating challenges.
I'm a Supplier I'm an OEM