Costimator® vs. Spreadsheet
Many manufacturing organizations have developed spreadsheets (from simple to complex) to estimate their manufacturing times and costs. While a spreadsheet has many advantages over manual methods, it falls way short of what a database application such as Costimator has to offer.
- Is your spreadsheet difficult to use and maintain?
- Do changes made in one spreadsheet force you to make changes in another?
- Can you see all pertinent data on one screen or do you have to keep scrolling or open other tabs?
- Can you easily update prices, quantities and other data elements in a single location?
- Are estimates hard to find because they are buried in a confusing collection of folders and directories?
- Does you spreadsheet automatically generate a series of reports and/or a quote or do you have to manually re-enter this information into another form or systems (i.e. ERP)?